UA South Representatives!

UA South Representatives!

The University of Arizona South has selected student representatives to attend the annual HACU National Capitol Forum in Washington, D.C. These students are those who are highly passionate and motivated by higher education. They take initiative to support and advocate for others, are actively involved in their school and community, and have a general knowledge of the U.S. government system. 

While at the Forum, each student will write blog posts describing their experienceCome along on their journey and read their posts!
Get connected to UA South and UA South's Students!

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Day 1

We are on our way!! I’ve been preparing all week for this trip. I made sure that all my homework was done and turned in. I plan to utilize every second of this amazing experience. I’ve been tracking the weather because this girl does not own winter clothes. My idea of a winter jacket is a light sweater. I did manage to find something to keep my ears warm. I was able to find my umbrella after a good amount of digging.

I wish I could say that I lounged in bed all day, but there was no resting for me. I spent my day with my middle schoolers at their CyberPatriot Semifinal competition. It was a great reminder that as I embark on this experience, I am working to ensure that future students’ needs are addressed.

I’m nervous, but also excited to see what new challenges await me and the connections I’ll be making. We are preparing to take off and I’m afraid the flight attendant may take my phone. Hoping for some rest of this red-eye and then some sightseeing once we get there!!


No comments: