UA South Representatives!

UA South Representatives!

The University of Arizona South has selected student representatives to attend the annual HACU National Capitol Forum in Washington, D.C. These students are those who are highly passionate and motivated by higher education. They take initiative to support and advocate for others, are actively involved in their school and community, and have a general knowledge of the U.S. government system. 

While at the Forum, each student will write blog posts describing their experienceCome along on their journey and read their posts!
Get connected to UA South and UA South's Students!

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Travel Day!


          So the time has come to travel to Washington D.C. After a long day ensuring that I've made all of necessary arrangements at home before the trip, the time has come to travel. My day began on Saturday morning in Douglas, at roughly 6 AM. Like every day, I had spent some outstanding quality time with both of my kids before I had to leave around roughly 4pm to begin the journey to Washington D.C. After all, they are my inspiration and the reason why I make the sacrifices that I make in my life, especially as it pertains to finishing my Bachelor's degree.
          My daughter kept on telling me all day long; "Dad, I'm very proud of you and you are my inspiration for wanting to do good in school!" My son on the other hand, from a three year old's perspective was telling me; "Dad, you get to fly on a plane today and I want to go with you to Washington!"
       
          So with that said, in a matter of hours, I went from being a dad and student at home on an ordinary weekend day, balancing work, school and parenting, to becoming a traveler representing an outstanding higher education institution such as the University of Arizona South, and in the process, getting the opportunity to meet four outstanding individuals such as Adam, Angela, Josue and Elsie, our guide, to begin this outstanding journey which is going to be interesting to say the least.
          We arrived at Phoenix Sky Harbor International airport at roughly 21:45 hrs and this is were our first experience as a team occurred, especially when we were clearing airport security thru TSA. I'm a TSA Pre-Check low risk traveler member, so I was able to breeze right thru airport security, without having to open up my laptop case, without having to take off my shoes and furthermore I had my own dedicated security lane. So I had to wait on everyone to clear security :)
          I told my team, all it takes is paying $85, having your fingerprints taken and going thru a quick background check thru TSA and you can enjoy the benefits of clearing airport security via TSA Pre Check for a period of five years. Trust me, if you travel a lot by airplane, it is a must. So after my team realized what an advantage it is to have this privilege, we proceeded to our gate A14 and left departed for Washington D.C. at roughly 23:50 hours.


                                                         See you in Washington D.C. !


No comments: