UA South Representatives!

UA South Representatives!

The University of Arizona South has selected student representatives to attend the annual HACU National Capitol Forum in Washington, D.C. These students are those who are highly passionate and motivated by higher education. They take initiative to support and advocate for others, are actively involved in their school and community, and have a general knowledge of the U.S. government system. 

While at the Forum, each student will write blog posts describing their experienceCome along on their journey and read their posts!
Get connected to UA South and UA South's Students!

Monday, April 2, 2018

Josue A. Becerra's Biography

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hello, my name is Josue A. Becerra and I attend The University of Arizona- Yuma.
I am currently a junior majoring in Family Studies and Human Development with a minor in Human Services. I was born in Yuma Arizona on 10/12/95 to Pedro Becerra and Claudia Lopez who are agricultural farmworkers from Mexico. I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 4 years old due to the fact that I was not capable to speak Spanish nor English. I grew up being in special education services programs from kindergarten to eighth grade. When I began to attend San Luis High School which is a school located in San Luis, Arizona, I left those services and began a new chapter in my life. At that time in my freshmen year, I decided to quit the Special education services because I wanted to challenge myself to demonstrate that I was not a mentally challenged child to prevent people from bullying me. I was unfortunately bullied for going to special education courses before attending high school and I did not want to admit that I had a mental disorder. However, that has changed for me. Since I began to attend Arizona Western College, I had to admit that I have an issue with myself when it comes to learning.  I decided to accept the help of others in order to accomplish my dreams of one-day attending law school in order to become a great recognized attorney. This is one of best honors that I have ever received in my whole entire life to represent the University of Arizona-Yuma at a great significant event which is the HACU Capital Forum in Washington DC. I am not just honored to represent the University of Arizona but also the Yuma County, the state of Arizona, the students who have educational disabilities, and the Hispanic students across the state.

No comments: