UA South Representatives!

UA South Representatives!

The University of Arizona South has selected student representatives to attend the annual HACU National Capitol Forum in Washington, D.C. These students are those who are highly passionate and motivated by higher education. They take initiative to support and advocate for others, are actively involved in their school and community, and have a general knowledge of the U.S. government system. 

While at the Forum, each student will write blog posts describing their experienceCome along on their journey and read their posts!
Get connected to UA South and UA South's Students!

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Day 2, time to explore...

After arriving, there is a lot of adrenaline pumping through your body; you want to get your bags and get in your Uber and get to the hotel. After arriving we drop our bags off and freshen up a bit and get ready to explore. The day was terrific rather than go through each detail I've selected a couple of photos below that I felt summarized the day.


I would like to think that I'm a very warm individual who loves to smile and make other's smile as well so when given the opportunity to strike a hallmark pose on a cherry tree I had no choice but to do so. The blossoming of the cherry tree's is such an amazing experience to see in person. The wind was relentless, but the sheer beauty of these tree's made it all worth it. Everywhere you looked there were tons of families and friends everywhere taking photos and embracing the experience.




Growing up no one in my family was in the military, so when I joined I never had that generation to generation pass down of the honor of protecting this great country. During our exploration, we were able to visit Vietnam's Veterans Memorial an experience that cant placed in words, but it brought back memories. I remember while being deployed being told that the greatest thing that one can do for this country is to give your life. As I walked by this wall, I couldn't help but realize that we are standing on the shoulders of giants, those who with no regard gave their own lives that I may have the opportunity not only to serve but to live in a free country.












The above picture is my attempt at summarizing the experience, "Here we mark the price of freedom," this stood out because we are here to enhance the learning experience and highlight things that we can do to improve while also learning about what others are currently doing. Knowledge is power, and the ability to learn to me is freedom. 

No comments: